Driver of Indica that hit Munde`s car arrested, released on bail
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Tuesday arrested the driver of the Indica car that collided with the car of Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde, who later succumbed to the injuries at the AIIMS hospital here.
According to reports, Munde`s car, a Maruti SX4, was hit by another car, a Tata Indica, in Delhi while the minister was on his way to the Indira Gandhi International Airport this morning.
The driver of the Indica, who was identified as Gurvinder, was being interrogated by Delhi Police.
He was later produced before a court in Delhi, which granted bail to him. The court granted bail to Gurvinder on a surety and a personal bond of Rs 30,000 each.
Police informed that the driver works in the Imperial Hotel.
The accident took place when Munde`s car was moving from Lodhi Road towards the Aurobindo Chowk.
Gopinath Munde`s Maruti SX4 car was reportedly hit by a Tata Indica, which jumped a red light, at around 6:20 am at the Prithviraj Road-Tughlak Road roundabout.
AIIMS spokesperson said that there was no breathing, no pulse, no cardiac function when Munde was brought in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley for 51st day
- Is Ramdev coming up with world-class varsity near Delhi like University of Houston?
- Pakistan has started behaving like an enemy: JD(U)
- Donald Trump links death of NBA star's cousin to black vote
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'