Driver of Indica that hit Munde`s car arrested, released on bail
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Tuesday arrested the driver of the Indica car that collided with the car of Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde, who later succumbed to the injuries at the AIIMS hospital here.
According to reports, Munde`s car, a Maruti SX4, was hit by another car, a Tata Indica, in Delhi while the minister was on his way to the Indira Gandhi International Airport this morning.
The driver of the Indica, who was identified as Gurvinder, was being interrogated by Delhi Police.
He was later produced before a court in Delhi, which granted bail to him. The court granted bail to Gurvinder on a surety and a personal bond of Rs 30,000 each.
Police informed that the driver works in the Imperial Hotel.
The accident took place when Munde`s car was moving from Lodhi Road towards the Aurobindo Chowk.
Gopinath Munde`s Maruti SX4 car was reportedly hit by a Tata Indica, which jumped a red light, at around 6:20 am at the Prithviraj Road-Tughlak Road roundabout.
AIIMS spokesperson said that there was no breathing, no pulse, no cardiac function when Munde was brought in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Twitter modifies 140-character limit, gives a bit more space to tweet!
- Tech Mahindra becomes 3rd entity to quit payments bank plan; cites margin concerns
- Sad but true! Women in India earn 19% less than men, says report
- Jayalalithaa thanks Stalin for attending her swearing-in ceremony, says 'no intent to disrespect him or DMK'
- Snapdeal CPO Anand Chandrasekaran quits