Driver of Indica that hit Munde`s car arrested, released on bail
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Tuesday arrested the driver of the Indica car that collided with the car of Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde, who later succumbed to the injuries at the AIIMS hospital here.
According to reports, Munde`s car, a Maruti SX4, was hit by another car, a Tata Indica, in Delhi while the minister was on his way to the Indira Gandhi International Airport this morning.
The driver of the Indica, who was identified as Gurvinder, was being interrogated by Delhi Police.
He was later produced before a court in Delhi, which granted bail to him. The court granted bail to Gurvinder on a surety and a personal bond of Rs 30,000 each.
Police informed that the driver works in the Imperial Hotel.
The accident took place when Munde`s car was moving from Lodhi Road towards the Aurobindo Chowk.
Gopinath Munde`s Maruti SX4 car was reportedly hit by a Tata Indica, which jumped a red light, at around 6:20 am at the Prithviraj Road-Tughlak Road roundabout.
AIIMS spokesperson said that there was no breathing, no pulse, no cardiac function when Munde was brought in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital