Drunk driving case: Parents defend Nooriya Haveliwala
Mumbai: Rubbishing police`s claim that
Nooriya Haveliwala, currently in police custody for alleged
drunken driving and killing two persons, had drunk over 450 ml
alcohol, her father today said something was wrong with breath
"Any person who consumes over 430 ml alcohol can either
be completely unconscious or semi-unconscious. In fact they
can`t even walk. But my daughter, wearing high heels, was
walking straight. Something is wrong with the machine as the
amount of alcohol content it indicated was not correct,"
Yousuf Haveliwala, who also claims to be a physician, said.
Nooriya`s mother K Haveliwala said her daughter might
have consumed alcohol but not heavily.
Claiming that her daughter was innocent, Yousuf said,
"She never had any kind of criminal problem. She hardly drinks
alcohol. She consumes beer, and that too once a while".
"She told us that she was driving back from her friends
house in Breach Candy to home in Colaba when tyre might have
burst or she might have lost control when the unfortunate
incident occurred," he said.
Haveliwala, a beautician, allegedly under the influence
of alcohol had rammed her car into a police jeep and a bike
early morning yesterday, killing motorcyclist Afzal Maknejia
(35) and Dina Nath Shinde (40), an assistant sub-inspector of
the traffic police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'