Drunk driving case: Parents defend Nooriya Haveliwala
Mumbai: Rubbishing police`s claim that
Nooriya Haveliwala, currently in police custody for alleged
drunken driving and killing two persons, had drunk over 450 ml
alcohol, her father today said something was wrong with breath
"Any person who consumes over 430 ml alcohol can either
be completely unconscious or semi-unconscious. In fact they
can`t even walk. But my daughter, wearing high heels, was
walking straight. Something is wrong with the machine as the
amount of alcohol content it indicated was not correct,"
Yousuf Haveliwala, who also claims to be a physician, said.
Nooriya`s mother K Haveliwala said her daughter might
have consumed alcohol but not heavily.
Claiming that her daughter was innocent, Yousuf said,
"She never had any kind of criminal problem. She hardly drinks
alcohol. She consumes beer, and that too once a while".
"She told us that she was driving back from her friends
house in Breach Candy to home in Colaba when tyre might have
burst or she might have lost control when the unfortunate
incident occurred," he said.
Haveliwala, a beautician, allegedly under the influence
of alcohol had rammed her car into a police jeep and a bike
early morning yesterday, killing motorcyclist Afzal Maknejia
(35) and Dina Nath Shinde (40), an assistant sub-inspector of
the traffic police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway