Drunken driving: Nooriya in judicial custody till Feb 18
Mumbai: Nooriya Haveliwala, arrested for allegedly mowing down two persons and injuring four others, was today remanded in judicial custody till February 18.
Nooriya (27), a beautician by profession, on January 30 was driving towards her home at Colaba in south Mumbai when she lost control over her Honda CRV vehicle and hit a bike and a police jeep.
The biker, Afzal Maknejia (35) was killed on the spot while Dina Nath Shinde (40), a traffic police ASI, succumbed to injuries at a hospital the next day.
Medical tests on Nooriya revealed 457 ml alcohol content in her blood samples.
Nooriya was produced before a metropolitan magistrate today who remanded her in judicial custody till February 18 after observing her custodial interrogation is not required further.
In her initial statement to the police Nooriya had said she lost control of her car as some other car was chasing her.
She had also refuted having consumed 13 cans of beer.
The four injured persons, all constables with the traffic police, are Shailesh Jadhav (40), Magan Gaikwad (51), Ashok Shinde (41) and Shivram Shinde (52).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?