DSP murder case: Raja Bhaiya given clean chit by CBI
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: After CBI on Thursday filed a supplementary charge sheet giving former UP Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya a clean chit in connection with the murder of DSP Zia-ul Haq, the Kunda MLA said he had been framed in the conspiracy.
Talking to reporters, Singh said, “I was called to Delhi for a polygraph test and CBI questioned me for 8 hours.”
Explaining his stance on the issue, he said, "A crazy mob killed the DSP. But it is my bad luck that every time anything happens in Kunda, I have to face consequences.
“It was a conspiracy against me. And those who conspired did not have any remorse or sadness over DSP Zia-ul-Haq`s death,” he added.
The investigation agency also filed a "technical" closure report in the FIR filed by Haq`s wife Parveen Azad in which she had accused Raja Bhaiya of conspiring to murder the officer.
CBI has requested the court to tag it along with the case registered by the state police after the incident which is also being probed by the agency.
The agency told the court it has come to light during the probe that Raja Bhaiya used his influence to obtain a substantial number of arms licences for local villagers from the district administration of Pratapgarh, which were used at his behest for carrying out alleged illegal activities.
However, CBI said this was not the area of its probe and a report in this regard is being sent to the state government for a thorough probe and necessary action.
CBI also recommended major penalty against an Inspector, two Sub-Inspectors and a constable as they had abandoned Haq when he was attacked by villagers.
The agency had filed a charge sheet in connection with the case on June 7 naming 13 persons as accused in the DSP`s murder. In today`s charge sheet, CBI provided additional evidence against the accused persons.
In its charge sheet, CBI had said the then CO of Kunda had gone to the house of Nanhe Yadav, then pradhan of Balipur in Pratapgarh district, on March 2 in order to deal with law and order situation arising out of his murder.
"The family members and supporters of Nanhe Yadav led by his brother Suresh Yadav (since dead) allegedly assaulted the then CO and the other three police officials accompanying him.
"The then CO was caught and brutally assaulted by the accused persons but the three other police officials managed to escape," the spokesperson had said in a statement.
Raja Bhaiya, who was Food and Civil Supplies Minister, had to resign from the Cabinet on March 4 after Haq`s wife had accused him of being involved in the DSP`s murder.
CBI sources had said earlier in the day that the agency had not found any anomaly during the lie detector test conducted on Raja Bhaiya.
The sources had said the agency had not found sufficient evidence to prosecute him.
Raja Bhaiya was questioned by the CBI on May 15 and 16.
He was also subjected to a polygraph test on June 20 at the Central Forensic Laboratory here.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read