DSP murder: CBI analyses weapons of suspected persons
Pratapgarh (UP): CBI on Thursday collected some weapons, suspected to have been used in the murders of DSP Zia-ul-Haq, village head Nanhe Yadav and his brother Suresh, as it found the crime scene tampered with.
Sources in CBI said the district magistrate has also ordered surrender of all the fire arms.
They said the agency would examine these weapons to understand if they have been used recently.
They said CBI is finding it difficult to carry out its probe as crucial pieces of evidence like empty shells of bullets are missing from the crime scene.
The agency is also contemplating to carry out lie- detector test on some of the policemen whose conduct on the incident day is under suspicion.
The sources said the agency has collected call detail records of some of the suspects in the case which would help it ascertain their location and chain of conversations at the time of the incident on March 2.
Political heavyweight Raja Bhaiya was booked by CBI last Thursday under murder charges after the probe into Haq`s killing was handed over to the CBI.
Raja Bhaiya was named in one of the four FIRs filed by CBI on the basis of complaint given by Haq`s wife in which the five-time independent MLA from Kunda in Pratapgarh district figured.
Unable to get even a single witness, CBI has circulated a telephone number 05341-230006 and email pscu1del@cbi.Gov.In, asking people to provide information about the murders of Haq, Nanhe and Suresh Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'