DSP`s murder: One more police officer suspended
Lucknow: A Senior Sub-Inspector (SSI) of police has been suspended in connection with the killing of DSP Zia-ul-Haq in mob violence in Pratapgarh district, a top Uttar Pradesh police officer said here on Wednesday.
Station Officer Hathgawan Manoj Kumar Shukla has been suspended on charges of dereliction of duty on the basis of preliminary probe, IGP (Law and Order) Rajkumar Vishwakarma told reporters.
Further action against the SSI would be taken on the basis of the final report, he said.
To a question, the IGP said there was administrative negligence and the DSP was probably unaware about the "quantum of trouble" in the area.
Five policemen had earlier been suspended in connection with the slaying of the DSP.
The DSP was killed in mob violence in Kunda on Saturday when he had rushed there during the course of his duty after a village head was shot dead over a land dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources