DSP`s murder: One more police officer suspended
Lucknow: A Senior Sub-Inspector (SSI) of police has been suspended in connection with the killing of DSP Zia-ul-Haq in mob violence in Pratapgarh district, a top Uttar Pradesh police officer said here on Wednesday.
Station Officer Hathgawan Manoj Kumar Shukla has been suspended on charges of dereliction of duty on the basis of preliminary probe, IGP (Law and Order) Rajkumar Vishwakarma told reporters.
Further action against the SSI would be taken on the basis of the final report, he said.
To a question, the IGP said there was administrative negligence and the DSP was probably unaware about the "quantum of trouble" in the area.
Five policemen had earlier been suspended in connection with the slaying of the DSP.
The DSP was killed in mob violence in Kunda on Saturday when he had rushed there during the course of his duty after a village head was shot dead over a land dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Nation bids tearful adieu to APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!