DSP`s murder: One more police officer suspended
Lucknow: A Senior Sub-Inspector (SSI) of police has been suspended in connection with the killing of DSP Zia-ul-Haq in mob violence in Pratapgarh district, a top Uttar Pradesh police officer said here on Wednesday.
Station Officer Hathgawan Manoj Kumar Shukla has been suspended on charges of dereliction of duty on the basis of preliminary probe, IGP (Law and Order) Rajkumar Vishwakarma told reporters.
Further action against the SSI would be taken on the basis of the final report, he said.
To a question, the IGP said there was administrative negligence and the DSP was probably unaware about the "quantum of trouble" in the area.
Five policemen had earlier been suspended in connection with the slaying of the DSP.
The DSP was killed in mob violence in Kunda on Saturday when he had rushed there during the course of his duty after a village head was shot dead over a land dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack