DSP`s murder: One more police officer suspended
Lucknow: A Senior Sub-Inspector (SSI) of police has been suspended in connection with the killing of DSP Zia-ul-Haq in mob violence in Pratapgarh district, a top Uttar Pradesh police officer said here on Wednesday.
Station Officer Hathgawan Manoj Kumar Shukla has been suspended on charges of dereliction of duty on the basis of preliminary probe, IGP (Law and Order) Rajkumar Vishwakarma told reporters.
Further action against the SSI would be taken on the basis of the final report, he said.
To a question, the IGP said there was administrative negligence and the DSP was probably unaware about the "quantum of trouble" in the area.
Five policemen had earlier been suspended in connection with the slaying of the DSP.
The DSP was killed in mob violence in Kunda on Saturday when he had rushed there during the course of his duty after a village head was shot dead over a land dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS