DSP`s murder: One more police officer suspended
Lucknow: A Senior Sub-Inspector (SSI) of police has been suspended in connection with the killing of DSP Zia-ul-Haq in mob violence in Pratapgarh district, a top Uttar Pradesh police officer said here on Wednesday.
Station Officer Hathgawan Manoj Kumar Shukla has been suspended on charges of dereliction of duty on the basis of preliminary probe, IGP (Law and Order) Rajkumar Vishwakarma told reporters.
Further action against the SSI would be taken on the basis of the final report, he said.
To a question, the IGP said there was administrative negligence and the DSP was probably unaware about the "quantum of trouble" in the area.
Five policemen had earlier been suspended in connection with the slaying of the DSP.
The DSP was killed in mob violence in Kunda on Saturday when he had rushed there during the course of his duty after a village head was shot dead over a land dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray