Due respect not shown to Netaji: Narayana Murthy
Kolkata: Infosys founder NR Narayana Murthy on Sunday criticised the political leadership of the country for failing to show due respect to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose and said it is "time this is corrected".
"We have not paid due respect to Netaji. It is time this is corrected," entrepreneur-cum-thinker Murthy said here voicing concern over the leadership lacunae.
Delivering the Netaji oration on the occasion of his birth anniversary at the Netaji Research Bureau, Murthy said, "I was shocked to learn that there is not single a major avenue named after Netaji in Delhi. Correct me, if I am wrong. I hope our wonderful Prime Minister will correct this
Describing Netaji as the most courageous leader of his time, the iconic corporate leader said that his presence would have spearheaded India to become the second most powerful
economy of the world ahead of China.
Had he been present at the post-Independent reconstruction era along with Nehru, Rajaji, Patel and Shyama Prasad Mookherjee, India`s destiny would have been different, he observed.
"India would have also done a much better job in terms of people management as he foresaw the negative impact of a burgeoning population on a country`s economy," Murthy said.
"Netaji had all the smartness to take India far from what it is now today," he said and observed sarcastically that "nowadays, we talk loud even about very mediocre
Meanwhile, West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan said that Netaji`s birthday on January 23 should be observed as `Desh Prem Divas`.
"I hope that from next year onwards, the day will be observed as Desh Prem Divas," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore