Duo held for forging letterhead of Congress MP
New Delhi: Two youths were arrested for allegedly forging the letter head and signature of senior Rajya Sabha member Karan Singh to get waitlisted railway tickets confirmed, police said Friday.
Devender (31) and Nagesh Kumar (32) were apprehended by Delhi Police`s Crime Branch from Sangam Vihar yesterday on a tip-off, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Sanjay Kumar Jain said.
The Congress MP had on June eight written to Police Commissioner B K Gupta complaining about two letters addressed to Railway Minister Mukul Roy purportedly signed by him.
"The signatures are clearly not mine nor have I ever written to the Minister regarding railway tickets. The letterhead is also not genuine and an obvious forgery. For example, it says `Chairman, ICCR` whereas I am President. I am deeply concerned about the misuse of my name," Singh said in his letter.
During investigations, Jain said, it came to light that Devender, a graduate hailing from Jharkhand, is allegedly behind the fraud along with his associate.
Several counterfeit letterhead of various MPs and seals were recovered from Devender`s house, the officer said.
"Devender told us that he was running the racket for the last 7-8 months. He was a frequent visitor to the residence of an MP in New Delhi from where he stole the empty letter heads and other printed material of recommendations.
"Then he with the help of Nagesh, who is a computer operator, misused these letterheads to earn quick money. Based on his discloser statement, his associate Nagesh was arrested," Jain said.
Devender did his schooling from Khusro in Jharkhand and did his graduation from Hazribagh. He came to Delhi in 2008 along with his brother in search of job.
Currently, he was working as a contractor in NDMC. He was known to Nagesh for the last two years. Nagesh allegedly provided the technical assistance in preparing the forged letter heads of MPs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city