Duo held for forging letterhead of Congress MP
New Delhi: Two youths were arrested for allegedly forging the letter head and signature of senior Rajya Sabha member Karan Singh to get waitlisted railway tickets confirmed, police said Friday.
Devender (31) and Nagesh Kumar (32) were apprehended by Delhi Police`s Crime Branch from Sangam Vihar yesterday on a tip-off, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Sanjay Kumar Jain said.
The Congress MP had on June eight written to Police Commissioner B K Gupta complaining about two letters addressed to Railway Minister Mukul Roy purportedly signed by him.
"The signatures are clearly not mine nor have I ever written to the Minister regarding railway tickets. The letterhead is also not genuine and an obvious forgery. For example, it says `Chairman, ICCR` whereas I am President. I am deeply concerned about the misuse of my name," Singh said in his letter.
During investigations, Jain said, it came to light that Devender, a graduate hailing from Jharkhand, is allegedly behind the fraud along with his associate.
Several counterfeit letterhead of various MPs and seals were recovered from Devender`s house, the officer said.
"Devender told us that he was running the racket for the last 7-8 months. He was a frequent visitor to the residence of an MP in New Delhi from where he stole the empty letter heads and other printed material of recommendations.
"Then he with the help of Nagesh, who is a computer operator, misused these letterheads to earn quick money. Based on his discloser statement, his associate Nagesh was arrested," Jain said.
Devender did his schooling from Khusro in Jharkhand and did his graduation from Hazribagh. He came to Delhi in 2008 along with his brother in search of job.
Currently, he was working as a contractor in NDMC. He was known to Nagesh for the last two years. Nagesh allegedly provided the technical assistance in preparing the forged letter heads of MPs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda