Durga Shakti Nagpal meets Akhilesh Yadav, apologises: Sources
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Lucknow: It seems politics has once again prevailed over bureaucracy.
IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal, who was in July this year suspended by the Uttar Pradesh government for allegedly demolishing the wall of a mosque in a Greater Noida village, met state Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav along with her husband on Saturday.
And at the meeting – which was the first between the CM and the husband-wife since the July controversy – Durga is reported to have apologized to Akhilesh, said sources.
Durga Nagpal had last month met Mulayam Singh Yadav, the Samajwadi Party chief and father of Akhilesh, to explain her stand.
Reports had recently claimed that the Uttar Pradesh government had quietly revoked Durga Nagpal’s suspension.
Sources had claimed that the IAS officer had been asked by the state government not to disclose the revocation of her suspension and that she would be given a fresh posting within two months.
Critics had slammed her suspension, saying the move followed her strict action against the politically-connected illegal sand mining mafia in western Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees