Durga Shakti Nagpal meets Akhilesh Yadav, apologises: Sources
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Lucknow: It seems politics has once again prevailed over bureaucracy.
IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal, who was in July this year suspended by the Uttar Pradesh government for allegedly demolishing the wall of a mosque in a Greater Noida village, met state Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav along with her husband on Saturday.
And at the meeting – which was the first between the CM and the husband-wife since the July controversy – Durga is reported to have apologized to Akhilesh, said sources.
Durga Nagpal had last month met Mulayam Singh Yadav, the Samajwadi Party chief and father of Akhilesh, to explain her stand.
Reports had recently claimed that the Uttar Pradesh government had quietly revoked Durga Nagpal’s suspension.
Sources had claimed that the IAS officer had been asked by the state government not to disclose the revocation of her suspension and that she would be given a fresh posting within two months.
Critics had slammed her suspension, saying the move followed her strict action against the politically-connected illegal sand mining mafia in western Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video