Durga Shakti Nagpal meets Akhilesh Yadav, apologises: Sources
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Lucknow: It seems politics has once again prevailed over bureaucracy.
IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal, who was in July this year suspended by the Uttar Pradesh government for allegedly demolishing the wall of a mosque in a Greater Noida village, met state Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav along with her husband on Saturday.
And at the meeting – which was the first between the CM and the husband-wife since the July controversy – Durga is reported to have apologized to Akhilesh, said sources.
Durga Nagpal had last month met Mulayam Singh Yadav, the Samajwadi Party chief and father of Akhilesh, to explain her stand.
Reports had recently claimed that the Uttar Pradesh government had quietly revoked Durga Nagpal’s suspension.
Sources had claimed that the IAS officer had been asked by the state government not to disclose the revocation of her suspension and that she would be given a fresh posting within two months.
Critics had slammed her suspension, saying the move followed her strict action against the politically-connected illegal sand mining mafia in western Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed