Durga Shakti Nagpal meets Akhilesh Yadav, apologises: Sources
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Lucknow: It seems politics has once again prevailed over bureaucracy.
IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal, who was in July this year suspended by the Uttar Pradesh government for allegedly demolishing the wall of a mosque in a Greater Noida village, met state Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav along with her husband on Saturday.
And at the meeting – which was the first between the CM and the husband-wife since the July controversy – Durga is reported to have apologized to Akhilesh, said sources.
Durga Nagpal had last month met Mulayam Singh Yadav, the Samajwadi Party chief and father of Akhilesh, to explain her stand.
Reports had recently claimed that the Uttar Pradesh government had quietly revoked Durga Nagpal’s suspension.
Sources had claimed that the IAS officer had been asked by the state government not to disclose the revocation of her suspension and that she would be given a fresh posting within two months.
Critics had slammed her suspension, saying the move followed her strict action against the politically-connected illegal sand mining mafia in western Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog