Durga Shakti Nagpal row: SC admits contempt plea against UP govt
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday admitted a contempt plea against Uttar Pradesh government for taking action against IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal.
The UP government had last month suspended and later served a chargesheet to Nagpal accusing it of ordering the demolition of a wall of a mosque in a Gautam Buddha Nagar village.
In her defence, Nagpal had said that she was only following the apex court orders which prohibit any religions structure to be built on government land.
The SC had last week dismissed a plea by a lawyer seeking action against UP government for suspending Nagpal.
The SC bench had said that it would hear the plea only if it was filed by the IAS officer herself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town