Durga Shakti Nagpal row: SC admits contempt plea against UP govt
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday admitted a contempt plea against Uttar Pradesh government for taking action against IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal.
The UP government had last month suspended and later served a chargesheet to Nagpal accusing it of ordering the demolition of a wall of a mosque in a Gautam Buddha Nagar village.
In her defence, Nagpal had said that she was only following the apex court orders which prohibit any religions structure to be built on government land.
The SC had last week dismissed a plea by a lawyer seeking action against UP government for suspending Nagpal.
The SC bench had said that it would hear the plea only if it was filed by the IAS officer herself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city