Durga Shakti Nagpal suspended at behest of mining mafia: Congress
Lucknow: Congress on Friday said the claims of Samajwadi Party leader Narendra Bhati proved that IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal was suspended at the behest of mining mafia.
"Doubts, if any, on the reasons leading to Nagpal`s suspension have been removed with the ruling party leader, who is enjoying minister`s status, making claims in his public speech," Congress spokesman Dwijendra Tripathi said.
The government appeared to be in a hurry to get rid of an honest officer as it did not follow the procedures or wait for the district magistrate`s report which has found no role of the SDM in pulling down the mosque wall, he said.
The spokesman said the manner in which SP leaders Azam Khan and Naresh Agarwal were talking about punishing the district magistrate who had sent the report proved that only corrupt officials, mining mafia and criminal elements were safe under the present government.
Tripathi asked whether the government would take action against the mining mafia and senior officials in the chief minister`s secretariat "who not only misled the chief minister but also motivated him" to act against Nagpal, thereby putting the government in the dock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters