Dussehra inspires to work for the nation: Prez
New Delhi: President Pratibha Patil on Wednesday greeted the nation on Dussehra, which falls on Thursday, saying the festival inspires to work whole heartedly for the betterment of the country.
"On the festive occasion of Dussehra, I send my greetings and best wishes to all my fellow citizens," Patil said in her message.
"Dussehra celebrates the victory of Good over Evil. May the ensuing festival be a time to celebrate our unity as a nation as also to work whole heartedly for the betterment of the nation," she added.
The President is on a visit to Switzerland and Austria as part of her two-nation trip to Europe on September 30-October 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’