`Dutt sympathisers should not interfere with court sentence`
New Delhi: RSS mouthpiece Organiser on Saturday batted for Malegaon blast accused Pragya Thakur, Lt Col Srikant Purohit and Swami Aseemanand, saying they are languishing in jail without their guilt being proven while there is a chorus for pardoning actor Sanjay Dutt.
In the editorial of its latest edition, Organiser said Congress leader Digvijay Singh, actor-turned politicians Jaya Bachchan and Jayaprada as well as former SP leader Amar Singh and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee have been saying Dutt should be pardoned.
"Pedigree has no place in judiciary," the article said, referring to Dutt being son of illustrious parents. It further said that those seeking amnesty for him have "no business to interfere with the sentence".
While hitting out at Dutt and his supporters, the RSS mouthpiece came out in defence of Thakur, Purohit and Aseemanand.
"Sadhvi Pragya Thakur has been languishing in jail for five years now. The only evidence - if it can be called that at all - against her is that she sold a bike fifteen years ago and did not bother to change the papers. This bike was used in the blast," the editorial said.
It goes on to say that all these years when Dutt has been making movies and leading a normal life as an actor, Thakur has been facing police wrath for the last few years.
"Swami Aseemanand has declared in court that he was being forced to issue confessional statements by the police to use against him. The plight of Purohit is equally condemnable," the article said.
The editorial rues that still no politician or "good Samaritan" has come out to demand justice and fair and fast trial for them.
RSS also referred to the recent arrest of Liaquat Shah, a suspected Hizbul militant, and wondered why one sees merit in his contention that he wanted to surrender.
"Politics has fallen to such levels that nation`s interest has become secondary to political correctness. Persons in public offices seem bartered into various camps. How else does one explain the support to Dutt who has proven links with the underworld and anti-nationals," the Organiser said.
It posed the question that have these developments taken because those people who should be behind bars are today the rulers, an oblique reference to the leaders facing corruption charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams
- Complete list of award winners at IPL 2015