E-governance can check corruption: Nitin Gadkari
Mumbai: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Thursday said e-governance can check corruption and "red-tapism" to a considerable extent.
Addressing BJP`s national convention on `e-governance for good governance` here, Gadkari said information technology (IT) should be used to bring in transparency, rule of law and speed in working process and dynamism.
"Corruption can come down by 70-80 percent because of e-governance. It can benefit a person and life can become easy with it," he said.
The BJP leader also directed the IT cell of the state unit to prepare a module of e-governance in corporations and zila parishads for good functioning.
"Application of technology in social life and rural development can prove beneficial to the people," Gadkari said.
BJP-ruled states like Gujarat, Karnataka and Chhattisgarh have been doing a good job with the inception of e-governance, he said.
Emphasising that his party is committed to the people, Gadkari said they are in favour of modernisation rather than westernisation.
Party representatives from 19 states participated in the convention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees