E-governance can check corruption: Nitin Gadkari
Mumbai: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Thursday said e-governance can check corruption and "red-tapism" to a considerable extent.
Addressing BJP`s national convention on `e-governance for good governance` here, Gadkari said information technology (IT) should be used to bring in transparency, rule of law and speed in working process and dynamism.
"Corruption can come down by 70-80 percent because of e-governance. It can benefit a person and life can become easy with it," he said.
The BJP leader also directed the IT cell of the state unit to prepare a module of e-governance in corporations and zila parishads for good functioning.
"Application of technology in social life and rural development can prove beneficial to the people," Gadkari said.
BJP-ruled states like Gujarat, Karnataka and Chhattisgarh have been doing a good job with the inception of e-governance, he said.
Emphasising that his party is committed to the people, Gadkari said they are in favour of modernisation rather than westernisation.
Party representatives from 19 states participated in the convention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert