E-governance can check corruption: Nitin Gadkari
Mumbai: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Thursday said e-governance can check corruption and "red-tapism" to a considerable extent.
Addressing BJP`s national convention on `e-governance for good governance` here, Gadkari said information technology (IT) should be used to bring in transparency, rule of law and speed in working process and dynamism.
"Corruption can come down by 70-80 percent because of e-governance. It can benefit a person and life can become easy with it," he said.
The BJP leader also directed the IT cell of the state unit to prepare a module of e-governance in corporations and zila parishads for good functioning.
"Application of technology in social life and rural development can prove beneficial to the people," Gadkari said.
BJP-ruled states like Gujarat, Karnataka and Chhattisgarh have been doing a good job with the inception of e-governance, he said.
Emphasising that his party is committed to the people, Gadkari said they are in favour of modernisation rather than westernisation.
Party representatives from 19 states participated in the convention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah