E-platform launched to benefit air ticketing agents
New Delhi: Aimed at enabling travel agents
to access any of the airlines with their inventory at a single
window, an integrated E platform was today launched by
Travel Agents Association of India (TAAI).
"System One is an electronic travel distribution
developed using a single platform for the reach and benefit of
TAAI members," Rajji Rai, president of TAAI told reporters
While currently the system would enable air ticket
bookings only, later on car rental, train reservations, hotel
bookings and other hospitality services would be included for
the benefit of customers and agents, Rai said.
The newly launched system has a unique dual window
option to facilitate multiple operations simultaneously.
The system would provide the customer flight schedule,
cost and choice of airline with speed, said Rai.
He claimed that the system was "highly secure". It is a
desktop-based application that uses a high level of
encryption, which allows only an authorised user to operate
from a dedicated terminal provided during installation
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29