Early Lok Sabha polls inevitable: Sukhbir Singh
Chandigarh: The Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) on Tuesday said early elections to the Lok Sabha were inevitable after the DMK withdrew its support to the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre.
The UPA government had been in the ICU after the DMK`s exit, SAD chief and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said at a function in Ludhiana.
"With the DMK withdrawing support to the UPA and Mulayam Singh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party breathing down its neck, early polls to the Lok Sabha are inevitable," he said.
"The government is in ICU and day-to-day supply of oxygen cylinders cannot keep this brain dead government alive for long," Badal said, according to an official release here.
"SAD and its alliance partner BJP are fully prepared for early Lok Sabha elections and have started the exercise of energising their cadres for the coming electoral challenge," he said.
The DMK today withdrew its support to the UPA government and pulled out its five ministers over the issue of alleged human rights violations of Tamils in Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka