Early Lok Sabha polls inevitable: Sukhbir Singh
Chandigarh: The Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) on Tuesday said early elections to the Lok Sabha were inevitable after the DMK withdrew its support to the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre.
The UPA government had been in the ICU after the DMK`s exit, SAD chief and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said at a function in Ludhiana.
"With the DMK withdrawing support to the UPA and Mulayam Singh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party breathing down its neck, early polls to the Lok Sabha are inevitable," he said.
"The government is in ICU and day-to-day supply of oxygen cylinders cannot keep this brain dead government alive for long," Badal said, according to an official release here.
"SAD and its alliance partner BJP are fully prepared for early Lok Sabha elections and have started the exercise of energising their cadres for the coming electoral challenge," he said.
The DMK today withdrew its support to the UPA government and pulled out its five ministers over the issue of alleged human rights violations of Tamils in Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital