Earthquake jolts Nicobar Islands
New Delhi: The Nicobar Islands were Friday rocked by an earthquake measuring 5.9 on the Richter scale. There were no immediate reports of loss of life or property from the island chain.The tremors were felt around 12:57 p.m. at 9.7 north and 92.6 east, said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
"It was of moderate intensity, and initially there are no reports of any damage or casualty," he said.
Last year during the same period, an earthquake of 7.7 magnitude was reported in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!