Earthquake jolts Nicobar Islands
New Delhi: The Nicobar Islands were Friday rocked by an earthquake measuring 5.9 on the Richter scale. There were no immediate reports of loss of life or property from the island chain.The tremors were felt around 12:57 p.m. at 9.7 north and 92.6 east, said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
"It was of moderate intensity, and initially there are no reports of any damage or casualty," he said.
Last year during the same period, an earthquake of 7.7 magnitude was reported in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray