Earthquake rocks Jammu region, tremors felt in Himachal, Punjab
Jammu/Chandigarh: A moderate intensity earthquake measuring 5.4 on the Richter scale hit parts of Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh Friday morning.
There were no immediate reports of any loss of life or serious damage.
The quake, the epicentre of which was in Kishtwar, hit Doda and Kishtwar districts around 8.03 am and lasted for 7 seconds, a senior Met officials said, adding, that the aftershocks were felt, measuring 2.7 on the Richter scale, around 8.05 am.
Tremors measuring 5.4 on the Richter scale were also felt in some parts of Punjab, Chandigarh and Haryana but no loss of life or damage to property has been reported from these areas.
People in Shimla, Chamba, Lahaul and Spiti, Kullu and Kangra districts of Himachal Pradesh also felt the tremors and rushed out of their homes.
The quake triggered panic among people of Bhaderwah town in Doda district, who rushed out of their homes to stay in the open despite heavy rains in the areas.
Tremors were felt in Kangra and some other parts of Himachal Pradesh on July 13 also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested