Earthquake rocks Myanmar-India border
New Delhi: A moderate intensity earthquake on Friday rocked the India-Myanmar border region, including some parts of Manipur and Shillong, this evening.
The tremors, which occured at 5.34 PM, lasted for a few seconds. According to the Met department, the magnitude of the earthquake was measured as 5.0 on the Richter scale.
No loss of life or property has been reported yet, the official said, adding the epicentre of the quake was near the India-Myanmar border region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Rio Olympic 2016: IOA taking steps to nullify Zika virus threat on Indian contingent
- Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016: Check rajeduboard.nic.in for BSER/RBSE 8th board result 2016
- Cong MLAs, Rashid stage walkout from J&K Assembly
- Shocking CCTV footage of deadly suicide blasts at Istanbul's Ataturk airport captured: Watch
- Kejriwal chides Goa CM over tainted relative