Earthquake rocks Myanmar-India border
New Delhi: A moderate intensity earthquake on Friday rocked the India-Myanmar border region, including some parts of Manipur and Shillong, this evening.
The tremors, which occured at 5.34 PM, lasted for a few seconds. According to the Met department, the magnitude of the earthquake was measured as 5.0 on the Richter scale.
No loss of life or property has been reported yet, the official said, adding the epicentre of the quake was near the India-Myanmar border region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India