Eastern Naval Command to probe fire on INS Konkan
Visakhapatnam: The Eastern Naval Command (ENC) has constituted a board of inquiry on Thursday, into the fire accident on the INS Konkan.
A naval press release stated that a fire was detected at about 5 pm yesterday on INS Konkan which was under refit at the Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam.
The fire was brought under control by 6 pm.
The damage caused will be repaired during the ongoing refit.
A few cases of minor injuries and smoke inhalation suffered by fire fighting personnel were treated at Naval Hospital INHS Kalyani and discharged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations