Eastern Naval Command to probe fire on INS Konkan
Visakhapatnam: The Eastern Naval Command (ENC) has constituted a board of inquiry on Thursday, into the fire accident on the INS Konkan.
A naval press release stated that a fire was detected at about 5 pm yesterday on INS Konkan which was under refit at the Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam.
The fire was brought under control by 6 pm.
The damage caused will be repaired during the ongoing refit.
A few cases of minor injuries and smoke inhalation suffered by fire fighting personnel were treated at Naval Hospital INHS Kalyani and discharged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon