Eat less, never think you are old: LK Advani
New Delhi: Hear your inner voice, eat less and never think you are old, is what Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) veteran LK Advani said are the three lessons he has learnt from life.
"Hear your inner voice to find meaning in life, eat less and never think you have become old," Advani told a gathering Tuesday at the launch of his three books here, compiled from the blogs he has been writing.
Stating he found both meaning and happiness in life, Advani, 86, said he took criticism in his stride.
"I was labelled a Hindu fanatic and when I visited Pakistan in 2005, I was charged with revolting from my party ideology," he said.
He thanked Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh chief Mohan Bhagwat for sparing time to launch his books - "My Take" in English and "Rashtra Sarvopari" and "Drishtikon" in Hindi.
"It is my privilege that the head of an organisation with which I have been associated since the age of 14 years is launching my books," said Advani.
Bhagwat was all praise for Advani.
"He does what he says. National interest has been supreme behind his words. It is proven," said Bhagwat.
Leader of the opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, said she was amazed at the regularity and the range of topics covered in Advani`s blogs.
"We never thought he would write regularly. We are left wondering over the wide range of topics he has written about," Swaraj said while urging the gathering to gain from the wisdom in Advani`s three books.
In a lighter vein, she pointed out that sometimes Advani was critical of party leaders in his blogs but she always takes it as an advice from the party veteran.
"Our adversaries may be happy over the criticism but he (Advani) has a right to criticise and scold us for our mistakes," she said.
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev also heaped praise on Advani for his long career in politics.
The dignitaries present on the occasion included leader of the opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Chouhan, former minister Arun Shourie and BJP leader Smriti Irani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what