EC bans exit polls from Jan 28 to Mar 3
Dehra Dun: The Election Commission of India
has banned exit polls during the entire period when elections
to the five state Assemblies would be held.
In a statement here, Chief Electoral Officer,
Uttarakhand, Radha Raturi said that in accordance with the
relevant provisions of the Representation of the People Act,
1951, the Election Commission of India has notified the period
between 7am on January 28, 2012 and 5.30 pm on March 3, 2012
as the period during which conducting any exit poll or
disseminating the result of any exit poll would be prohibited.
While January 2 is the first day of polling in Manipur,
March 3 is the last day of polling in Goa and Uttar Pradesh.
Raturi said that under the provisions, displaying any
election matter, including results of any opinion poll or any
other poll survey, in any electronic media, would be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy