EC bans exit polls from Jan 28 to Mar 3
Dehra Dun: The Election Commission of India
has banned exit polls during the entire period when elections
to the five state Assemblies would be held.
In a statement here, Chief Electoral Officer,
Uttarakhand, Radha Raturi said that in accordance with the
relevant provisions of the Representation of the People Act,
1951, the Election Commission of India has notified the period
between 7am on January 28, 2012 and 5.30 pm on March 3, 2012
as the period during which conducting any exit poll or
disseminating the result of any exit poll would be prohibited.
While January 2 is the first day of polling in Manipur,
March 3 is the last day of polling in Goa and Uttar Pradesh.
Raturi said that under the provisions, displaying any
election matter, including results of any opinion poll or any
other poll survey, in any electronic media, would be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'