EC concerned over complaints of Model Code violation
Chandigarh: Taking serious note of "numerous complaints" of violation of Model Code of Conduct, the Election Commission on Thursday directed senior officials concerned to enforce the order in letter and spirit.
In a communication to Financial Commissioners, Principal Secretaries, Heads of Departments, Chairmen and MDs of all Corporations and Boards, all Divisional Commissioners and all Deputy Commissioners, the EC emphasised that no government advertisement in electronic media or print media is to be given without its permission.
It said no photograph of any political leader should be exhibited on government vehicles, ambulances, cycles, government stationary and any other items.
In case it happens, these need to be covered immediately, a release from the election office said here.
The guidelines emphasised that no financial assistance is to be released from MLA/MP land schemes and no new blue card, ration card, pension by social security department or any other activity of this kind is to be undertaken.
It was also said that no new power connection (tubewell) or installation of new transformers will be done and any other announcement in this regard is also prohibited.
The EC said no new development work should be undertaken and no new tenders floated.
Besides, transfer of employees is banned and recruitment in government and semi-government offices and corporations will not be done during the period the Model Code is in force.
It was also said that no foundation or inaugural stone will be laid.
The EC has asked all administrative secretaries to send the cases of emergency or of important nature to the office of the Chief Electoral Officer for approval.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest