EC notice to Munde on Rs 8 cr poll expense claim
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Mumbai: The Election Commission on Wednesday issued a notice to BJP leader Gopinath Munde on his statement that he had spent Rs 8 crore in the last Lok Sabha elections, much above the prescribed ceiling. The expenditure limit on the Lok Sabha election was Rs 25 lakh.
Munde had made the controversial comment at a programme in Mumbai last week. Munde is BJP`s Deputy Leader in Lok Sabha.
The Congress was quick to latch on the statement and demanded that Munde, elected from Beed in Maharashtra, be disqualified from Parliament.
BJP was defensive on the issue and reasoned that Munde has flagged the important issue of state funding of polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'