EC notice to Munde on Rs 8 cr poll expense claim
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Mumbai: The Election Commission on Wednesday issued a notice to BJP leader Gopinath Munde on his statement that he had spent Rs 8 crore in the last Lok Sabha elections, much above the prescribed ceiling. The expenditure limit on the Lok Sabha election was Rs 25 lakh.
Munde had made the controversial comment at a programme in Mumbai last week. Munde is BJP`s Deputy Leader in Lok Sabha.
The Congress was quick to latch on the statement and demanded that Munde, elected from Beed in Maharashtra, be disqualified from Parliament.
BJP was defensive on the issue and reasoned that Munde has flagged the important issue of state funding of polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder