EC notice to Munde on Rs 8 cr poll expense claim
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Mumbai: The Election Commission on Wednesday issued a notice to BJP leader Gopinath Munde on his statement that he had spent Rs 8 crore in the last Lok Sabha elections, much above the prescribed ceiling. The expenditure limit on the Lok Sabha election was Rs 25 lakh.
Munde had made the controversial comment at a programme in Mumbai last week. Munde is BJP`s Deputy Leader in Lok Sabha.
The Congress was quick to latch on the statement and demanded that Munde, elected from Beed in Maharashtra, be disqualified from Parliament.
BJP was defensive on the issue and reasoned that Munde has flagged the important issue of state funding of polls.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why