EC registers Kejriwal`s Aam Aadmi Party
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party today got its registration from the Election Commission though no symbol has been issued to it.
The Election Commission has issued a registration letter stating that it "has registered the Aam Aadmi Party as political party under section 29A of the Representation of the People Act, 1951 on and with effect from 21/03/2013", AAP said in a statement here.
The party said this takes "us one step closer to the dream of Swaraj, of delivering governance right into the hands of the people...As it is known that the nascent movement shook the foundations of corruption in India within months of its launch".
AAP said it has not yet been issued any exclusive symbol and as per the rules and regulations the symbol will be allotted right before the notifications of contesting an election.
The application for the registration was filed on December 3, 2012.
While issuing the registration certificate, the Election Commission has directed the party not to use the National Emblem, Ashoka Chakra or any part in their letterhead or any other party materials in view of the provisions of the Emblems and Names (prevention of Improper Use) Act, 1950.
"The party has accepted this direction," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark