EC to set up call centres in poll-bound states
New Delhi: The Election Commission will set
up for the first time 24-hour call centres to redress
election-related complaints in all the five poll-bound states.
Election-related complaints can be registered with the
call centres by dialling a toll-free number 1950, Chief
Election Commissioner S Y Quraishi said while announcing the
schedule of elections in the five states here today.
The complaints will be redressed within a time-limit and
complainants will be informed on the action-taken through SMS,
the EC said.
Each of these five states will have these call centres, he
said, adding that the toll-free number 1950 denotes the year
in which the Election Commission was born.
Every poll-bound state shall have a complaint redressal
mechanism based on website and call centre. The details of
website on which complaints can be lodged will be announced
separately by the Chief Electoral Officer of each of the poll
-bound states, the EC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured