EC to set up call centres in poll-bound states
New Delhi: The Election Commission will set
up for the first time 24-hour call centres to redress
election-related complaints in all the five poll-bound states.
Election-related complaints can be registered with the
call centres by dialling a toll-free number 1950, Chief
Election Commissioner S Y Quraishi said while announcing the
schedule of elections in the five states here today.
The complaints will be redressed within a time-limit and
complainants will be informed on the action-taken through SMS,
the EC said.
Each of these five states will have these call centres, he
said, adding that the toll-free number 1950 denotes the year
in which the Election Commission was born.
Every poll-bound state shall have a complaint redressal
mechanism based on website and call centre. The details of
website on which complaints can be lodged will be announced
separately by the Chief Electoral Officer of each of the poll
-bound states, the EC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi