ECI releases list of election symbols of political parties
Chandigarh: Election Commission of India on Friday released the list of election symbols of national, state -recognised, non-recognised and registered political parties and independents for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, Haryana Chief Electoral Officer here said.
Stating this, Haryana CEO Shrikant Walgad said that the ECI had intimated this to the Chief Electoral Officers of all the states and Union Territories.
Information about the election symbol is also available on the website of the ECI, he said.
Walgad said that presiding officers and district election officers had been directed to comply with the notification issued by the ECI in this regard while allotting symbols to the candidates.
After the release of notification, a separate notification on political parties to be registered would be issued.
According to the notification, six national-level parties are registered with the ECI - Bahujan Samaj Party, Bharatiya Janata Party, Bhartiya Communist Party, Bhartiya Communist Party (Marxist), Indian National Congress, and Rashtrawadi Congress Party.
Besides, two state parties - Haryana Janhit Congress (BL) and Indian National Lok Dal - are recognised by the ECI from Haryana.
Similarly, the ECI has 1593 non-recognised parties registered under the notification.
It has released 80 election symbols as independent symbols which would be allotted to independent candidates.
Walgad said that 14 non-recognised political parties were also registered with the ECI which included Aarakshan Virodhi Party, Bhartiya Lok Vikas Party, Democratic Dal of Haryana, Haryana Garib Pichdda Yuva Sangathan Party, Haryana Insaaf Congress, Haryana Jan Sangharsh Dal, Haryan Lok Dal, Haryana Nav Nirman Sena, Haryana Samajik Nayaya Party, Haryana Sarvjan Party, Haryana Savtantar Party, Rashtarwadi Parivartan Party (LB), Total Vikas Party and Vikas Parishad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest