EC`s complaint monitoring system goes online
Kolkata: The state Election Commission
has decided to make the redressal monitoring system online,
while continuing with the process of lodging complaints
related to poll malpractices through phone and SMS intact.
"One can lodge a complaint online. Besides, if one
calls us up or sends a text message, we will key it in and
send to the district magistrate of the respective district.
Once action is taken on the basis of the complaint, it will be
informed through SMS or online to the complainant," a senior
Election Commission officer said.
Earlier, a toll-free number was used for the same
Asked why this has been replaced, the officer said,
"There were so many callers that it had become very difficult
to manage through phone only. So the EC decided to introduce
this process which will provide access to more complainants."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey