EC`s complaint monitoring system goes online
Kolkata: The state Election Commission
has decided to make the redressal monitoring system online,
while continuing with the process of lodging complaints
related to poll malpractices through phone and SMS intact.
"One can lodge a complaint online. Besides, if one
calls us up or sends a text message, we will key it in and
send to the district magistrate of the respective district.
Once action is taken on the basis of the complaint, it will be
informed through SMS or online to the complainant," a senior
Election Commission officer said.
Earlier, a toll-free number was used for the same
Asked why this has been replaced, the officer said,
"There were so many callers that it had become very difficult
to manage through phone only. So the EC decided to introduce
this process which will provide access to more complainants."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory