EC`s complaint monitoring system goes online
Kolkata: The state Election Commission
has decided to make the redressal monitoring system online,
while continuing with the process of lodging complaints
related to poll malpractices through phone and SMS intact.
"One can lodge a complaint online. Besides, if one
calls us up or sends a text message, we will key it in and
send to the district magistrate of the respective district.
Once action is taken on the basis of the complaint, it will be
informed through SMS or online to the complainant," a senior
Election Commission officer said.
Earlier, a toll-free number was used for the same
Asked why this has been replaced, the officer said,
"There were so many callers that it had become very difficult
to manage through phone only. So the EC decided to introduce
this process which will provide access to more complainants."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days