EC’s tableau - first in R-Day parade history
New Delhi: The Election Commission of India marked its first presence at the Republic Day parade Thursday when its tableau rolled down Rajpath depicting a mammoth model of electronic voting machine and banners asking young Indians to vote.
With assembly elections barely a week away in some states, the poll panel used its participation in the parade as a platform to get more people to vote.
The tableau`s front portion depicted youth, unbiased to religion, race, caste, community or language, pledging to vote in every election fearlessly.
It also had replicas of Parliament House and election photo ID card.
The poll panel observes Jan 25, the day before the Republic Day, as the National Voter`s Day with the objective to maximise enrolment of voters and thereby enhance the quality of Indian democracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling