ED chief threatened IIT prof over black money?
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday asked
the Delhi Police Commissioner to probe an IIT professor`s
complaint that he had been threatened by the Enforcement
Directorate chief for writing to the PMO, accusing him of
wrongdoing in connection with the black money case.
Prof S K Dubey told a bench of justices B Sudershan
Reddy and S S Nijjar that he had lodged a complaint with the
the Delhi Police that he had been threatened by ED chief Arun
Mathur for writing a letter to the Prime Minister, detailing
an alleged incident of corruption against Mathur and his two
Ordering the city police commissioner to probe into
the allegation, the bench asked him to submit his action taken
report to the court by next Friday when it is slated to hear
Dubey is one of the petitioners along with former
super cop Julius Riberio seeking investigation into the issue
of black money deposited in banks abroad and their retrieval.
The bench also asked the Centre and the ED to respond
to two affidavits filed by another petitioner Jasveer Singh,
pointing out allegations against Mathur and his two associates
Prabha Kant and S K Sawhney.
The bench said on the next date of hearing it will
also like to seek a specific response from the ED about its
investigation into the source of money deposited in foreign
The bench said the Centre will have to clarify its
stand on the issue of handing over the investigation of the
case to the court-appointed special investigation team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi