ED moves SC for contempt proceedings against Sahara chief
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate
Friday moved the Supreme Court seeking initiation of contempt of court proceedings against Sahara group CMD Subrato Roy for allegedly interfering into the investigation of the 2G spectrum scam.
The petition filed by the ED investigating officer
Rajeshwar Singh alleged that the notice was served to Roy to appear before it relating to a Rs 150 crore transaction suspected to be linked to the 2G spectrum scam.
The petition mentioned before a bench comprising
justices G S Singhvi and A K Ganguly alleged that Roy not only
appeared before the ED but also tried to blackmail the
The petition also named some of the journalists of Sahara Samay.
The petition was mentioned by senior advocate KK Venugopal and the bench will hear it at 2 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users