ED moves SC for contempt proceedings against Sahara chief
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate
Friday moved the Supreme Court seeking initiation of contempt of court proceedings against Sahara group CMD Subrato Roy for allegedly interfering into the investigation of the 2G spectrum scam.
The petition filed by the ED investigating officer
Rajeshwar Singh alleged that the notice was served to Roy to appear before it relating to a Rs 150 crore transaction suspected to be linked to the 2G spectrum scam.
The petition mentioned before a bench comprising
justices G S Singhvi and A K Ganguly alleged that Roy not only
appeared before the ED but also tried to blackmail the
The petition also named some of the journalists of Sahara Samay.
The petition was mentioned by senior advocate KK Venugopal and the bench will hear it at 2 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31