ED moves SC for contempt proceedings against Sahara chief
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate
Friday moved the Supreme Court seeking initiation of contempt of court proceedings against Sahara group CMD Subrato Roy for allegedly interfering into the investigation of the 2G spectrum scam.
The petition filed by the ED investigating officer
Rajeshwar Singh alleged that the notice was served to Roy to appear before it relating to a Rs 150 crore transaction suspected to be linked to the 2G spectrum scam.
The petition mentioned before a bench comprising
justices G S Singhvi and A K Ganguly alleged that Roy not only
appeared before the ED but also tried to blackmail the
The petition also named some of the journalists of Sahara Samay.
The petition was mentioned by senior advocate KK Venugopal and the bench will hear it at 2 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head