ED slaps notices against Baba Ramdev
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has slapped notices against yoga guru Ramdev and his two trusts for alleged violations of foreign exchange laws.
The notices, relating to alleged unaccounted payment of Rs 60 lakh, have been issued to the Divya Yog Mandir Trust and Patanjali Yog Peeth Trust.
The notices to Ramdev came just after the ED had slapped a similar notice against Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna for being a co-director in a food processing firm which was being probed by the agency.
The notices under the provisions of the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) have been issued for "export outstandings" of these trusts.
This is the first time the ED has issued a notice directly against Ramdev.
ED Deputy Director and Investigation Officer of the case Rajeshwar Singh refused to comment saying the matter was "under investigation".
Ramdev, Balkrishna and a number of other Directors on the board of these trusts have been issued the notices.
The trusts run by Ramdev are already under the scanner of the Income Tax and Service Tax departments which have issued separate notices for alleged tax evasion under the laws they enforce.
Various agencies probing Ramdev, his associates and enterprises have stepped up their action and are expected to begin the penal action now.
Ramdev and Balkrishna have denied any wrongdoing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH