ED summons: Hasan Ali`s wife gets interim bail
Mumbai: The special `Prevention of Money
Laundering Act (PMLA)` court on Monday granted interim bail to the
wife of Pune-based stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan, in
connection with the proceedings under the act, and section 174
of IPC (Non-attendance in obedience to an order form public
The proceeding were initiated against her by the
Enforcement Directorate (ED) for not replying to summons.
Rheema Khan`s application seeking quashing of proceedings
was rejected by the PMLA court on September 8, after which she
applied for a bail.
"She had filed a bail plea in connection with the
proceedings case, the court has granted her interim bail and
directed us to file a reply," said an ED officer.
ED alleges that her husband Hasan Ali Khan and co-accused
Kashinath Tapuriah laundered billions of dollars in foreign
banks, of which a large chunk was obtained by Khan through the
sale of weapons to international arms dealer, Adnan Khashoggi.
Khan is also facing the charge of stashing away billions
of dollars in foreign banks.
Rheema herself has not been charged with any offence as
yet, but ED has sought to question her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das