ED to question Hasan Ali, Tapuriah in PMLA case
Mumbai: A special Prevention of Money Laundering Act court on Monday allowed the Enforcement Directorate to question Pune-based stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan and
co-accused Kashinath Tapuriah.
"Some new facts have come up in the PMLA case and now we want to question them (Ali and Tapuriah) in connection with it," an ED official said.
The agency will question the duo in its office on Tuesday and Wednesday, he said.
Ali is in judicial custody in connection with money laundering and tax evasion, while Kolkata-based businessman Tapuriah is in the judicial custody for allegedly aiding him in money laundering.
Khan is also facing criminal cases under the Passport Act for allegedly possessing six passports from different parts of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok