ED to question Hasan Ali, Tapuriah in PMLA case
Mumbai: A special Prevention of Money Laundering Act court on Monday allowed the Enforcement Directorate to question Pune-based stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan and
co-accused Kashinath Tapuriah.
"Some new facts have come up in the PMLA case and now we want to question them (Ali and Tapuriah) in connection with it," an ED official said.
The agency will question the duo in its office on Tuesday and Wednesday, he said.
Ali is in judicial custody in connection with money laundering and tax evasion, while Kolkata-based businessman Tapuriah is in the judicial custody for allegedly aiding him in money laundering.
Khan is also facing criminal cases under the Passport Act for allegedly possessing six passports from different parts of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter