ED to question Hasan Ali, Tapuriah in PMLA case
Mumbai: A special Prevention of Money Laundering Act court on Monday allowed the Enforcement Directorate to question Pune-based stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan and
co-accused Kashinath Tapuriah.
"Some new facts have come up in the PMLA case and now we want to question them (Ali and Tapuriah) in connection with it," an ED official said.
The agency will question the duo in its office on Tuesday and Wednesday, he said.
Ali is in judicial custody in connection with money laundering and tax evasion, while Kolkata-based businessman Tapuriah is in the judicial custody for allegedly aiding him in money laundering.
Khan is also facing criminal cases under the Passport Act for allegedly possessing six passports from different parts of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Google rolls out Android Nougat, Nexus phones to get it first
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts
- Pfizer boosts cancer drug roster with $14 billion Medivation deal