Editor`s Guild expresses shock, dismay at reporter`s death
New Delhi: The Editor`s Guild of India
today expressed shock and dismay at the death of a reporter of
a leading newspaper who was critically injured in a bomb
attack outside the house of a Uttar Pradesh minister in
Vijay Pratap Singh of the Indian Express died at a
Delhi hospital last night.
"We strongly condemn the criminalisation of politics
in Uttar Pradesh and the failure of the police force to
protect journalists carrying out their professional duties,"
guild president Rajdeep Sardesai said.
The attack on Institutional Finance Minister Nand
Gopal Nandi, allegedly by a contract killer, was in broad
daylight. "We urge Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister (Mayawati) to
ensure that the family of the courageous and intrepid
correspondent is taken care of," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement