Editor`s Guild expresses shock, dismay at reporter`s death
New Delhi: The Editor`s Guild of India
today expressed shock and dismay at the death of a reporter of
a leading newspaper who was critically injured in a bomb
attack outside the house of a Uttar Pradesh minister in
Vijay Pratap Singh of the Indian Express died at a
Delhi hospital last night.
"We strongly condemn the criminalisation of politics
in Uttar Pradesh and the failure of the police force to
protect journalists carrying out their professional duties,"
guild president Rajdeep Sardesai said.
The attack on Institutional Finance Minister Nand
Gopal Nandi, allegedly by a contract killer, was in broad
daylight. "We urge Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister (Mayawati) to
ensure that the family of the courageous and intrepid
correspondent is taken care of," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police