Editors` Guild urged to inquire into charges against Tarun Tejpal
New Delhi: Veteran journalist Kuldip Nayar on Thursday said that the Editors` Guild of India should form an inquiry committee to look into the allegations of sexual assault against Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal.
In a letter to Editors` Guild President N Ravi, Nayar said that the body should also set up a standing committee which would examine complaints by women working in the media over molestation or harassment by male journalists.
In his letter, Nayar states that the Guild "did well to condemn Tejpal", but added that the matter should not rest there.
"You should set up an inquiry committee under your chairmanship. The body set up by Tehelka may not carry the credibility which the Editors` Guild (panel) would," Nayar says in his letter to Ravi.
He also called for an urgent meeting of the Guild executive to discuss his suggestions.
"All eyes are fixed on us for the action we take on Tejpal and the steps we take to stop such shameful examples in the future," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested