Education cannot be a business product: Kalam
Kolkata: Former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Monday said here that education should not be treated as business and called for an integrated delivery of education at the primary level by involving parents, students and teachers.
At an interactive session with students and teachers of National High School here as part of its centenary celebrations, Kalam said: "One should not treat education as a business product or system. Primary level education needs to be delivered in an integrated way. There have to be great teachers and good syllabus which can promote affinity among parents, students and teachers."
He said he envisioned an India without crimes against women and children and where nobody felt alienated in the society.
He said there should be a thin line between urban and rural divide and social and economic conditions should not come in the way of denying value-based education to meritorious students.
"There should be an equitable distribution and adequate access to energy and quality water," Kalam said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India