Education system should highlight entrepreneurship: Kalam
Mumbai: An education system that highlights the importance of entrepreneurship should be created, former President A P J Abdul Kalam said here on Monday.
"In the present context, the education system has to be designed to see that we generate a large number of employment generators and not employment seekers," Kalam said, addressing students on the occasion of IIT-Bombay`s 54th Foundation Day.
To achieve this, Kalam listed a three-pronged strategy that will make education more attractive, skill imparting and simultaneously create employment potential.
Firstly, the education system should prepare students to get oriented towards setting up enterprises, which will provide them creativity, freedom and ability to generate wealth, he said.
Secondly, the banking system should provide venture capital to the graduates who have aptitude and keenness to create their own new enterprises.
Thirdly, entrepreneurs have to produce competitive products for becoming successful in their missions, Kalam said.
He asked IIT Bombay to take the lead by compiling success stories in the form of document highlighting venture capital funding and employment generation opportunities across the nation and the world, utilising the services of its placements cell.
The IIT curriculum should provide market research support for selection of right products and hold the hand of the entrepreneur during the incubation period till they can stand on their own legs, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY