`Efforts are on to bring Naxals into mainstream`
Amritsar: The Centre is continuing its
efforts to bring banned Naxals into the mainstream despite the
grave threat posed by their activities, Union minister Ashwani
Kumar said on Saturday.
"50 districts are affected due to Naxal activities,
which are grave threat... Keeping this in view, efforts are
being made on the part of Government of India to bring them
into the mainstream," Union State Minister for Parliamentary
Affairs, Ashwani Kumar told reporters.
The Naxalite problem should be discussed seriously and
sincerely, he said, adding that there was the need to prepare
an effective policy in this regard.
Around Rs 7,000 crore funds have been earmarked by the
Centre to tackle the Naxal threat, he said.
The minister also expressed dismay on the deadlock in
Parliament over the demand for JPC probe into 2G spectrum
Kumar was here to pay obeisance at the Golden Temple
after assuming the office as state minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest