Efforts on to develop all official languages: Govt
New Delhi: All efforts will be made to encourage national language and the government directs various departments from time to time to enhance use of Hindi, the Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh said there is no reason for the government not to encourage the use of Hindi in official work and it is making efforts to develop all official languages.
Replying to supplementaries, Singh said the world has recognised that Sanskrit`s phonetics are multi-dimensional and a person who learns Sanskrit can speak any language.
Murli Manohar Joshi (BJP) demanded a white paper on the use of Hindi as Minister of State for Home Kiran Rijiju said government from time to time directs departments to develop the use of Hindi. "We follow what is in the Constitution," he said.
He said the official language policy is based on motivation and encouragement and the department of official languages provides training in the field of Hindi language, typing, stenography and use of computers for work in Hindi.
The department has also taken initiatives for development of IT tools for use of Hindi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!