Efforts to check terror finance must be taken: MHA
New Delhi: Government on Wednesday said all efforts should be made to curb financing of terror activities as it provides "oxygen" to terrorism.
Addressing a workshop on terror financing, Special Secretary (Internal secretary) in the Home Ministry S Jayaraman said attention should be given to check terror finance as it was extremely significant.
"Finance is the oxygen necessary for terrorism to thrive," he said inaugurating the workshop.
Jayaraman said though difficult, painstaking investigations have always led to successful results.
He also emphasised the importance of the recent amendments in the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and asked all police forces to counter terrorism by effectively using the legislation.
The workshop discussed the strategies for countering the financing of terror and the recent amendments to the UA(P)A.
The delegates shared their experiences in fighting terror financing and counterfeit currency. Discussions revolved on nascent and evolving regime in respect of terror financing in India and the steps to be taken by the Government and investigation agencies in this regard.
The participants also discussed the challenges they faced, particularly in the realm of international co-operation, and possible solutions.
The workshop, organised by the Home Ministry in conjunction with the National Investigation Agency, was attended by representatives of MHA, RBI, Ministry of Law, NIA, National Crime Records Bureau, Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, Financial Intelligence Unit, State agencies and other organisations involved in counter-terrorism.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India