Efforts to check terror finance must be taken: MHA
New Delhi: Government on Wednesday said all efforts should be made to curb financing of terror activities as it provides "oxygen" to terrorism.
Addressing a workshop on terror financing, Special Secretary (Internal secretary) in the Home Ministry S Jayaraman said attention should be given to check terror finance as it was extremely significant.
"Finance is the oxygen necessary for terrorism to thrive," he said inaugurating the workshop.
Jayaraman said though difficult, painstaking investigations have always led to successful results.
He also emphasised the importance of the recent amendments in the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and asked all police forces to counter terrorism by effectively using the legislation.
The workshop discussed the strategies for countering the financing of terror and the recent amendments to the UA(P)A.
The delegates shared their experiences in fighting terror financing and counterfeit currency. Discussions revolved on nascent and evolving regime in respect of terror financing in India and the steps to be taken by the Government and investigation agencies in this regard.
The participants also discussed the challenges they faced, particularly in the realm of international co-operation, and possible solutions.
The workshop, organised by the Home Ministry in conjunction with the National Investigation Agency, was attended by representatives of MHA, RBI, Ministry of Law, NIA, National Crime Records Bureau, Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, Financial Intelligence Unit, State agencies and other organisations involved in counter-terrorism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video