Efforts to check terror finance must be taken: MHA
New Delhi: Government on Wednesday said all efforts should be made to curb financing of terror activities as it provides "oxygen" to terrorism.
Addressing a workshop on terror financing, Special Secretary (Internal secretary) in the Home Ministry S Jayaraman said attention should be given to check terror finance as it was extremely significant.
"Finance is the oxygen necessary for terrorism to thrive," he said inaugurating the workshop.
Jayaraman said though difficult, painstaking investigations have always led to successful results.
He also emphasised the importance of the recent amendments in the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and asked all police forces to counter terrorism by effectively using the legislation.
The workshop discussed the strategies for countering the financing of terror and the recent amendments to the UA(P)A.
The delegates shared their experiences in fighting terror financing and counterfeit currency. Discussions revolved on nascent and evolving regime in respect of terror financing in India and the steps to be taken by the Government and investigation agencies in this regard.
The participants also discussed the challenges they faced, particularly in the realm of international co-operation, and possible solutions.
The workshop, organised by the Home Ministry in conjunction with the National Investigation Agency, was attended by representatives of MHA, RBI, Ministry of Law, NIA, National Crime Records Bureau, Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, Financial Intelligence Unit, State agencies and other organisations involved in counter-terrorism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India