Egyptian President accorded ceremonial reception at Rashtrapati Bhawan
New Delhi: Egyptian President Mohammad Morsi was given a ceremonial reception at the Rashtrapati Bhawan here on Tuesday morning.
He was received by President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh.
He inspected the guard of honour and also met members of the Indian Cabinet.
During his stay in New Delhi, Morsi will hold delegation-level talks with Dr Singh.
He will also meet Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
President Morsy will also address a business event organized by the apex chambers of commerce of India.
Bilateral trade has increased significantly in the recent years in spite of the political transition and currently stands at USD 5.5 billion.
India is Egypt`s 7th largest trading partner and second largest source of its exports. More than 50 Indian companies have presence in Egypt in various sectors and the cumulative Indian investments in Egypt is more than USD 2.5 billion.
Both countries are keen to further deepen and diversify the growing bilateral engagement during the President`s visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!