Egyptian President accorded ceremonial reception at Rashtrapati Bhawan
New Delhi: Egyptian President Mohammad Morsi was given a ceremonial reception at the Rashtrapati Bhawan here on Tuesday morning.
He was received by President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh.
He inspected the guard of honour and also met members of the Indian Cabinet.
During his stay in New Delhi, Morsi will hold delegation-level talks with Dr Singh.
He will also meet Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
President Morsy will also address a business event organized by the apex chambers of commerce of India.
Bilateral trade has increased significantly in the recent years in spite of the political transition and currently stands at USD 5.5 billion.
India is Egypt`s 7th largest trading partner and second largest source of its exports. More than 50 Indian companies have presence in Egypt in various sectors and the cumulative Indian investments in Egypt is more than USD 2.5 billion.
Both countries are keen to further deepen and diversify the growing bilateral engagement during the President`s visit.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'
- Russia says bolstering forces to counter NATO
- Structural reforms needed to put India on faster growth path