Egyptian President Morsi to arrive in India today
New Delhi: Egyptian President Mohammad Morsi will begin a three- day official visit to India from Monday.
He will be accompanied by senior ministers and business leaders.
During his stay in New Delhi, Morsi will meet his counterpart Pranab Mukherjee and hold delegation-level talks with Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh.
President Morsy will also meet Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
President Morsy will also address a business event organized by the apex chambers of commerce of India.
Bilateral trade has increased significantly in the recent years in spite of the political transition and currently stands at USD 5.5 billion.
India is Egypt``s 7th largest trading partner and second largest source of its exports. More than 50 Indian companies have presence in Egypt in various sectors and the cumulative Indian investments in Egypt is more than USD 2.5 billion.
Both countries are keen to further deepen and diversify the growing bilateral engagement during the President``s visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'