Eid-ul-Azha celebrations set for October 16
New Delhi: Eid-ul-Azha, or the festival of sacrifice, will be celebrated in the country on October 16.
This was announced here today by Maulana Mufti Mohammed Mukkaram, Shahi Imam of Fatehpuri Masjid, following a meeting of the Ruyat-e-Hilal Committee after the new moon was sighted.
"Moon for the `Zilhaj` month, which is the last month of the Islamic calendar, has been sighted today. Eid-ul-Azha is celebrated on the 10th day of this month, which falls on October 16," the Shahi Imam told.
Eid-ul-Azha is celebrated by Muslims across the world to commemorate the willingness of Ibrahim to sacrifice his son Ismail as an act of obedience to Allah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read