Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated in NCR on Saturday
New Delhi: Eid-ul-Fitr will be celebrated in
the National Capital Region (NCR) on Saturday.
This was announced by Mufti Mohd Mukkaram Ahmed, the
Shahi Imam of Fatehpuri Masjid, here this evening after a
meeting of Royat Hilal Committee.
"The moon of Shawwal was not sighted today. Eid-ul-Fitr
will be celebrated on Saturday," he said.
Syed Ahmed Bhukari, Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid, said the
moon was not sighted from anywhere as yet and "therefore I
announce that the 1st of Shawwal (Eid-ul-Fitr) falls on
The celebrations culminates fasting by devotees for a
month during Ramzan, the ninth month of the Islamic lunar
The faithful wake up early morning for the pre-dawn
`sehri` meal renouncing food and water during the day before
breaking their fast in the evening. The evening meal is known
As Islam follows a lunar calendar, the holy month begins
every year about 11 days earlier and its commencement is
traditionally determined by the appearance of the new moon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?