Eight engineers score 100 percentile in CAT-2010
Lucknow: Eight engineers have scored a perfect 100 percentile marks in the CAT-2010 - the gateway to pursue MBA in Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and other prestigious business schools. The results were announced Wednesday.
"Of the eight engineers, two are from Mumbai and one each from Pune, Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai and Indore," Himanshu Rai, the convenor of Common Admission Test (CAT)-2010 and professor with IIM-Lucknow, told reporters.
The responsibility of organising CAT-2010 for admissions in 10 IIMs and other business schools was with IIM-Kolkata and IIM-Lucknow.
According to sources, the trend related to the results indicates that "CAT-2010 was tough".
While a total of 204,267 candidates registered for CAT-2010, 186,238 candidates appeared for the online test that was organised in two lots from Oct 27 to Nov 24, officials said.
With around 30,000 registrations, Maharashtra had the highest number of candidates registered for the prestigious exams. It was followed by Uttar Pradesh with around 26,000 candidates and Delhi with over 19,000 candidates.
A total of 40 sets of question papers were prepared for the candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report