Eight engineers score 100 percentile in CAT-2010
Lucknow: Eight engineers have scored a perfect 100 percentile marks in the CAT-2010 - the gateway to pursue MBA in Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and other prestigious business schools. The results were announced Wednesday.
"Of the eight engineers, two are from Mumbai and one each from Pune, Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai and Indore," Himanshu Rai, the convenor of Common Admission Test (CAT)-2010 and professor with IIM-Lucknow, told reporters.
The responsibility of organising CAT-2010 for admissions in 10 IIMs and other business schools was with IIM-Kolkata and IIM-Lucknow.
According to sources, the trend related to the results indicates that "CAT-2010 was tough".
While a total of 204,267 candidates registered for CAT-2010, 186,238 candidates appeared for the online test that was organised in two lots from Oct 27 to Nov 24, officials said.
With around 30,000 registrations, Maharashtra had the highest number of candidates registered for the prestigious exams. It was followed by Uttar Pradesh with around 26,000 candidates and Delhi with over 19,000 candidates.
A total of 40 sets of question papers were prepared for the candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?