Eight marooned Vaishno Devi pilgrims rescued
Jammu: Eight Vaishno Devi pilgrims, who
got stuck near a temple due to flash flood in rain-swollen
river Tawi, were rescued by an IAF helicopter here Saturday
The pilgrims, all hailing from Kanpur, were taking bath
in the river when the flash flood occurred, police said.
When a rescue team, including divers, failed to rescue
them, authorities sought the help of the Air Force.
The IAF chopper rescued the marooned pilgrims, which
included two women and four children, at around 17:25 hours,
the police said.
The pilgrims, members of two families, had come to the
city after paying obeisance at the holy cave shrine of Vaishno
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened