Eight states yet to constitute state HRCs
New Delhi: Government today said eight
states have not constituted the state human rights commission
despite repeated requests.
Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh said those
states which have not constituted the state human rights
commissions are Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Haryana, Meghalaya,
Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura and Uttarakhand.
"The government and National Human Rights Commission
have been requesting all those states which have not yet
constituted their state commission to do so at the earliest,"
he informed Lok Sabha in a written reply.
Singh said the Centre and the NHRC are keen that each
state sets up a state human rights commission and the
responsibility to ensure adequate manpower and infrastructure
for each SHRC lies primarily with the respective state
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez