Eight states yet to constitute state HRCs
New Delhi: Government today said eight
states have not constituted the state human rights commission
despite repeated requests.
Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh said those
states which have not constituted the state human rights
commissions are Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Haryana, Meghalaya,
Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura and Uttarakhand.
"The government and National Human Rights Commission
have been requesting all those states which have not yet
constituted their state commission to do so at the earliest,"
he informed Lok Sabha in a written reply.
Singh said the Centre and the NHRC are keen that each
state sets up a state human rights commission and the
responsibility to ensure adequate manpower and infrastructure
for each SHRC lies primarily with the respective state
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India