Eight train mishaps caused by Maoists this year: RS informed
New Delhi: Government today said there has been a rise in Maoist attacks on critical infrastructure of Railways and this year so far eight train accidents have been reported in which the Naxals were responsible, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Friday.
There were six train accidents due to sabotage by Maoists
reported during 2008 and three accidents in 2009. Eight train
accidents have been reported up to June this year in which
Maoists are involved, Minister of State for Railways, E Ahamed
said in a written reply.
He, however, added several measures are being taken by
the Railways for safety of passengers, which includes
escorting of trains in vulnerable areas by GRP and RPF.
Coordination meetings are also being held regularly
with the state administrations at district levels to prevent
any mishaps, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy