Eight train mishaps caused by Maoists this year: RS informed
New Delhi: Government today said there has been a rise in Maoist attacks on critical infrastructure of Railways and this year so far eight train accidents have been reported in which the Naxals were responsible, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Friday.
There were six train accidents due to sabotage by Maoists
reported during 2008 and three accidents in 2009. Eight train
accidents have been reported up to June this year in which
Maoists are involved, Minister of State for Railways, E Ahamed
said in a written reply.
He, however, added several measures are being taken by
the Railways for safety of passengers, which includes
escorting of trains in vulnerable areas by GRP and RPF.
Coordination meetings are also being held regularly
with the state administrations at district levels to prevent
any mishaps, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it