Eight train mishaps caused by Maoists this year: RS informed
New Delhi: Government today said there has been a rise in Maoist attacks on critical infrastructure of Railways and this year so far eight train accidents have been reported in which the Naxals were responsible, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Friday.
There were six train accidents due to sabotage by Maoists
reported during 2008 and three accidents in 2009. Eight train
accidents have been reported up to June this year in which
Maoists are involved, Minister of State for Railways, E Ahamed
said in a written reply.
He, however, added several measures are being taken by
the Railways for safety of passengers, which includes
escorting of trains in vulnerable areas by GRP and RPF.
Coordination meetings are also being held regularly
with the state administrations at district levels to prevent
any mishaps, the minister said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai