Ekta Kapoor, Jitendra, Tusshar raided by I-T sleuths
Mumbai: Around 100 sleuths of the Income Tax (I-T) Department carried out search operations at the offices, residences, studios and other properties of top officials of film production house Balaji Telefims here on Tuesday, an official said.
The operations started simultaneously at the Balaji Telefilms offices in Andheri, studios, residences of top officials in Juhu and their offices on Linking Road, Andheri.
Balaji Telefilms, one of the well-known production houses, is owned by Ekta Kapoor who is facing the probe, besides her actor brother Tusshaar Kapoor, and their father, yesteryears star Jitendra.
Though officials remained tight-lipped, reliable sources said that the search operations pertain to alleged concealment and reported mis declaration of income and profits.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata