Ekta Kapoor, Jitendra, Tusshar raided by I-T sleuths
Mumbai: Around 100 sleuths of the Income Tax (I-T) Department carried out search operations at the offices, residences, studios and other properties of top officials of film production house Balaji Telefims here on Tuesday, an official said.
The operations started simultaneously at the Balaji Telefilms offices in Andheri, studios, residences of top officials in Juhu and their offices on Linking Road, Andheri.
Balaji Telefilms, one of the well-known production houses, is owned by Ekta Kapoor who is facing the probe, besides her actor brother Tusshaar Kapoor, and their father, yesteryears star Jitendra.
Though officials remained tight-lipped, reliable sources said that the search operations pertain to alleged concealment and reported mis declaration of income and profits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister