Ekta Kapoor, Jitendra, Tusshar raided by I-T sleuths
Mumbai: Around 100 sleuths of the Income Tax (I-T) Department carried out search operations at the offices, residences, studios and other properties of top officials of film production house Balaji Telefims here on Tuesday, an official said.
The operations started simultaneously at the Balaji Telefilms offices in Andheri, studios, residences of top officials in Juhu and their offices on Linking Road, Andheri.
Balaji Telefilms, one of the well-known production houses, is owned by Ekta Kapoor who is facing the probe, besides her actor brother Tusshaar Kapoor, and their father, yesteryears star Jitendra.
Though officials remained tight-lipped, reliable sources said that the search operations pertain to alleged concealment and reported mis declaration of income and profits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test